Book– Let the game begin
Author– Sandeep Sharma
Previous Works– Hey Dad! Meet my Mom.
Author Contact– https://m.facebook.com/imperfectosandy/?tsid=0.7050053966231644&source=typeahead ( Facebook Page)
Publishers– Inspire India Publishers
Number of pages– 170 ( Including author’s and editor’s note )
Buy the book at- http://amzn.to/2lIbgDk
‘Let the game begin’ is a Historical Thriller by Sandeep Sharma who has authored ‘Hey Dad! Meet my mom’.
A killer on loose, killing random people and sending them chess pieces before their death, with a message , ‘ Let the game begin‘ , written in ancient language.
The deaths tense the officers of national security when a chess piece is found on the back seat of the Prime Minister’s car.
Police Officer, Surya Deshmukh and History lecturer Dinesh Gandhi are summoned because of their extensive knowledge in the fields of chess and history respectively.
A psychopath killer or a 4000 year old curse?
The investigation brings to light, conspiracies 4000 years old, the breach of trust by the once trusted and the fall of a kingdom, Chaturanga and destruction of another, Sarprakt. The mysteries of the Lambasa Parvat and the defeat of Panchdhaar will fantasize the reader.
The book seems a bit confusing midplot but sticking to the end pays off with most of the confusion resolved.
The author has woven an interesting plot and has managed to create anticipation in the reader.
The book ends with unanswered questions, promising another book from the author’s pen.
Ratings- 3.8 out of 5 stars.
It was a bit difficult ,providing the current rating to the book as it is the first part of a probable series and it leaves many questions unanswered.
There were some questions which should have been answered in the first book itself as those might bother a reader who is anxious to know the details.
The author’s hard work can be seen in the his research and is worth the appreciation as well.
A goodread for anyone who is atleast a tad bit interested in thrillers.
Buy the book at – http://amzn.to/1t0HWsH
*Every game has a master player; the one who’s born to play the game and teach the world how it should be played.
* Friendship is like a stubborn child who is playing hide and seek with your life. You have to find him at the darkest places of your heart in difficult times. And when you find the child; his smile will light up the darkness of your life.
* A kind heart is like a slow poison for a warrior.
* Future is the only thing that fantasizes everyone.
* The moment when your heart’s rhythm synchronises with the chants of the holy temple, you find God in your soul.
* We live in a comparative world; there’s nothing universal, everything depends on how you look at it and what you want from it.
* There’s a reason behind everything but sometimes it is better not to run behind the reason.
Reviewed by – Banaja Prakashini
Buy the book at- Let The Game Begin